- This event has passed.
The Moonlight Rendezvous
July 15 @ 8:45 pm
- 5:45-6:15 Walk up registration for the Kids’ Mile
- 6:00-6:25 Packet pick up for pre-registered Kids’ Mile participants
- 6:30 Kids’ Mile begins
- 7:30-8:00 Walk up registration for the Moonlight Rendezvous
- 7:45-8:20 Packet pick up for pre-registered Moonlight Rendezvous participants
- 8:45 Moonlight Rendezvous begins
Shirley’s Popcorn Kids’ Mile 6:30 PM
- (Parents are welcome to run with their child)
- Course is in shown in teal; course will be marked with orange streamers
Moonlight Rendezvous Course in Purple: 8:45 PM
- Headlamp/Strong Flashlight required; Course will be marked with orange and reflective streamers.
- This 5+ mile (course shown in purple) race sends you up to the Massanutten Ski Slope Overlook by way of runnable single track, gaining over 1000 feet in just under 4 miles. From the Overlook, you will bomb down the gravel fire road back to the start/finish location.
- There will be course marshals at each road crossing and at the top of the mountain. If you feel intimidated by running in the dark, please carry your phone. We will give you our cell phone number for added security. 🙂
Awards and Finisher Prizes:
- Awards will be given out in a rolling fashion.
- All kids’ race participants will receive a bag of Shirley’s Popcorn and selection of two books.
- The first male and female to the top will each receive $100 cash. Please note that in order to remain eligible for the award, you must finish the race.
- Overall male/female winners will receive a custom plaque made by local artist, Brittany Dyer
- Top overall male and female Bluestone Bike & Run gift cards
- Last finisher award (it’s a good one!)
- Moonlight finisher treats for Rendezvous Race participants
- Water will be located at the finish line and at the top of the mountain. Gatorade will be served at the finish line. It is recommended that you carry water in a handheld bottle or pack. We will have cups and hand sanitizer.