- This event has passed.
Youth Art Month
March 14 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 8:00 am, repeating until March 31, 2022
In celebration of national Youth Art Month, Harrisonburg City Public Schools will sponsor a youth art month exhibit during March at Valley Mall.
An opening reception will be held in honor of the students in the Belk Court on, Saturday, February 26 from 1-3 PM. The show will be on view to the public from Saturday, February 26 through Friday, March 31, 2022.
The Youth Art Month Show highlights artwork created by students from each school in Harrisonburg City.
More than 200 pieces will be exhibited at the venue. Pieces were selected for the show by the city school’s art
- Jauan Brooks, Kelley Shradley-Horst, Sarah Waldrop and Mariah Flick – Harrisonburg High School
- Angel Moreno – Thomas Harrison Middle School; Holly Kincaid – Skyline Middle School; Erin Conway and Melanie Connors – Bluestone Elementary
- Brooke Imber – Keister Elementary School; Eva Camunas – Spotswood Elementary School
- Janae Yoder – Stone Spring Elementary School
- Laura-Paige Keller – Smithland Elementary School
- Gemma Amendola – Waterman Elementary School.
Harrisonburg City Public Schools values visual art education by offering many opportunities for students to explore and experience art. Visitors to the Valley Mall throughout March will see an outstanding array of media including drawings, paintings, fabric arts and digital images. The public is cordially invited to attend.