Harrisonburg’s P.A.T.H. – Pledge Affirming Trusted Hospitality
Your health and safety are important to you and they are important to us. Harrisonburg cares about our visitors as well as our residents and employees. Harrisonburg’s participating businesses are expected to uphold the following standards:
- Follow industry standards and best practices.
- Follow social distancing policies, wear masks, reduce touch points and person-to-person contact and follow increase sanitation practices.
- Prioritize visitor health and safety, while realizing this may mean extra costs for the business.
- Adhere to state and local health and safety policies.
- Train staff thoroughly and post sanitation and social distancing reminders.
- Have all staff comply with federal, state and local health and safety policies and where possible exceed the required protections.
Harrisonburg wants you to have peace of mind when you travel here knowing that you will encounter trusted hospitality and community businesses committed to implementing safe practices and following safety guidelines. Come experience Harrisonburg’s PATH.
Participating businesses can display the PATH symbol at their business and on social media. (Window cling versions are available at the Hardesty-Higgins Visitor Center.)
Participating businesses include:
- Explore More Discovery Museum
- Fairfield by Marriott Harrisonburg
- Hotel Madison
- Quality Inn
- Residence Inn by Marriott
- Sleep Inn & Suites
- The Village Inn
The City of Harrisonburg is aware of public concern regarding COVID-19, however, we remain open and welcoming to visitors at this time. We encourage you to please support our local businesses small and large as much as you safely can.
At this time, most Harrisonburg restaurants and microbreweries are open and physical distance is required. Most retail is also open. Gatherings are limited to no more than 50 people (with some exceptions). All Virginians aged five and older are required to wear face coverings in indoor spaces shared with others and when outdoors within six feet of another person. The full state guidelines can be found here. The Harrisonburg gathering restrictions can be found here.
- Social distancing of 6 feet continues
- Gatherings – maximum number of individuals permitted in a social gathering increases to 100 people for outdoor settings, while remaining at 50 persons for indoor settings.
- Restaurants are open with physical distancing required.
- Curfew – All individuals in Virginia must remain at their place of residence between the hours of 12:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. Exceptions include obtaining food and goods, traveling to and from work, and seeking medical attention.
- The on-site sale, consumption, and possession of alcohol will be permitted until midnight in any restaurant, dining establishment, food court, brewery, microbrewery, distillery, winery, or tasting room. All restaurants, dining establishments, food courts, breweries, microbreweries, distilleries, wineries, and tasting rooms still must be closed between midnight and 5:00 a.m.
- Retail businesses are open with physical distancing required
- Entertainment venues can be 30% capacity or 500 total indoors; outdoor entertainment venues will have no cap on the number of individuals that can attend so long as it’s 30% of capacity or less;
- The number of spectators for recreational sports will be 100 individuals indoors, and 500 individuals outdoors;
- Recreational sporting events indoors and outdoors will be 30% of capacity;
- Graduation and commencement events outdoors will be capped at 5,000 people or 30% of capacity, and those events indoors will be limited to 500 people or 30% of capacity (whichever is less).
- Face-coverings required for indoor spaces and outdoors when within six feet of another person.
Please be aware that all university and community events are subject to change or cancellation. We encourage you to contact the event organizer directly to confirm that the event information has not been changed.
The Hardesty-Higgins House Visitor Center is open but all visitors will be required to wear a mask when entering and social distancing will be mandatory. The visitor center hours are Monday – Friday from 9 am – 5 pm.
With the situation evolving rapidly, we encourage the traveling public to seek and heed the latest expert guidance, and to make fact-based travel decisions. Harrisonburg is currently under the Virginia Forward Phase III. Gatherings of more than 10 people are not permitted. Restricted social gatherings include, but are not limited to, parties, celebrations, or other social events, regardless of whether they occur indoors or outdoors. This does not apply to religious services, employment settings, or educational settings. Restaurants and retail stores are already governed by strict social distancing requirements, and are not included in this limit.
- The U.S. Department of State and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) have issued travel advisories for select foreign countries visit these site for more information: