Harrisonburg’s P.A.T.H. – Pledge Affirming Trusted Hospitality
Your health and safety are important to you and they are important to us. Harrisonburg cares about our visitors as well as our residents and employees. Harrisonburg’s participating businesses are expected to uphold the following standards:
- Follow industry standards and best practices.
- Follow social distancing policies, wear masks, reduce touch points and person-to-person contact and follow increase sanitation practices.
- Prioritize visitor health and safety, while realizing this may mean extra costs for the business.
- Adhere to state and local health and safety policies.
- Train staff thoroughly and post sanitation and social distancing reminders.
- Have all staff comply with federal, state and local health and safety policies and where possible exceed the required protections.
Harrisonburg wants you to have peace of mind when you travel here knowing that you will encounter trusted hospitality and community businesses committed to implementing safe practices and following safety guidelines. Come experience Harrisonburg’s PATH.
Participating businesses can display the PATH symbol at their business and on social media. (Window cling versions are available at the Hardesty-Higgins Visitor Center.)
Participating businesses include:
- Explore More Discovery Museum
- Fairfield by Marriott Harrisonburg
- Hotel Madison
- Quality Inn
- Residence Inn by Marriott
- Sleep Inn & Suites
- The Village Inn
The City of Harrisonburg is aware of public concern regarding COVID-19, however, we remain open and welcoming to visitors. We encourage you to support our local businesses small and large. The State of Virginia is currently under a state of emergency due to COVID-19 concerns through June 30 however, in most circumstances fully vaccinated individuals are not required to wear a mask. The full state guidelines can be found here. The Harrisonburg gathering restrictions can be found here.
Please be aware that all university and community events are subject to change or cancellation. We encourage you to contact the event organizer directly to confirm that the event information has not been changed.
The Hardesty-Higgins House Visitor Center is open but all visitors will be required to wear a mask when entering and social distancing will be mandatory. The visitor center hours are Monday – Friday from 9 am – 5 pm and Saturdays 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
We encourage the traveling public to seek and heed the latest expert guidance, and to make fact-based travel decisions.
- The U.S. Department of State and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) have issued travel advisories for select foreign countries visit these site for more information: