The City of Harrisonburg is aware of public concern regarding COVID-19, however, we remain open and welcoming to visitors at this time. We encourage you to please support our local businesses small and large as much as you safely can.
At this time, most Harrisonburg restaurants and microbreweries are open and able to serve at 50% capacity. Non-essential retail may also open at 50% capacity. Gatherings are limited to no more than 50 people. The full guidelines can be found here: https://www.governor.virginia.gov/media/governorvirginiagov/governor-of-virginia/pdf/Virginia-Forward-Phase-Two-Guidelines.pdf.
- Social distancing of 6 feet continues
- Gatherings of up to 50 individuals
- Restaurants can offer indoor and outdoor seating, but are limited to 50% capacity
- Gyms and fitness centers can re-open indoor facilities, but are limited to 30% capacity or 50 individuals (whichever is less)
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools can open for exercise and instruction
- Recreational sports can be held in both indoor and outdoor spaces, with a 10-foot distancing
- Retail businesses continue to operate at 50% capacity
- Religious establishments/places of worship continue to operate at 50% capacity
- Face-coverings required for indoor spaces
Please be aware that all university and community events are subject to change or cancellation. We encourage you to contact the event organizer directly to confirm that the event information has not been changed.
To protect the health of our communities, staff, and visitors, the Hardesty-Higgins House Visitor Center will be closed until further notice, at which time hours of operations will be re-evaluated. The administrative office will continue regular weekday operations.
With the situation evolving rapidly, we encourage the traveling public to seek and heed the latest expert guidance, and to make fact-based travel decisions. Harrisonburg is currently under the Virginia Forward Phase II. Gatherings of more than 50 people are not permitted.
- Currently, there are no domestic travel restrictions, nor are there restrictions for the City of Harrisonburg or the Commonwealth of Virginia. The Governor has recommended ceasing gatherings of 10 or more people, however.
- The U.S. Department of State and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) have issued travel advisories for select foreign countries visit these site for more information:
Public Health and Travel Resources
General COVID-19 Information
COVID-19 Business Resources