A friendly head-to-head competition to find out who has the fastest leg speed around!
Location: Three Notch’d Valley Collab House – 241 E Market St, Harrisonburg, VA 22801 (right around the corner from Rocktown!)
Time: We will be set up a roller bike in the shop the week of the Roller-rama to get seed times. If you can’t make it before the event, we will have a chance for seed times on January 26th from 6-6:30pm. And if you’re still unable to make it for a seed time, no worries! You will still be able to participate.
What is a roller race?
- 250m all-out sprint on fixed gear bikes attached to steel bases
- Simple head-to-head race. Winner moves on to next round. We use a bracket system.
- Times range from 10sec to 20sec
- Once a rider gets up to speed, it becomes a race to see who has the fastest legs, not necessarily the strongest muscles
- We remove the front wheel and bolt the bikes to the rollers, no need to balance
- Leave your spandex at home, this is a party first, bike race second 🙂
- Prizes are awarded to the top three women and top three men of the night
- Last year, every racer got a limited edition Roller-rama sticker. We’ll see what Rocktown Ken has in store for racers in 2024!
Seeding/setting up brackets
- Come by Rocktown Bicycles the week before the event to lay down a seeding run on one of our roller bikes
- If you do not stop by before, you will have to lay down a seed time at Three Notch’d between 5 and 6 pm the night of the event.
- Seed times help us line all of the racers up for the evening’s event