Long’s Chapel at Zenda
The story of African-American transition after the Civil War is featured at Long’s Chapel at Zenda in Harrisonburg. The chapel served as a spiritual and educational center of Zenda or “Little Africa,” a settlement formed after the Civil War by newly-freed slaves. Built between 1870 and 1871, the chapel was the first school for the community residents.
1340 Fridleys Gap Rd, Harrisonburg, VA 22802