As the leaves start to turn and the air becomes crisp, it’s time to embrace the beauty of fall in and around Harrisonburg. From pumpkin patches to lively festivals, here’s your guide to all the fall fun the area has to offer.Fall Farms
- Back Home on the Farm – Fall family fun with a 7-acre pumpkin patch, the Spook-tacular Enchanted Garden, whoopie pies, apple cider slushees, and 40+ other activities. Visit select weekends to celebrate at the Virginia Pumpkin Festival. And don’t forget to get lost in the Reba Country Music Corn Maze!
- Norsk Mountain Farm – Abounds with autumn adventures from hayrides to farm animal petting zoos and so much more. Visit them the last two weekends in October for their costume contest and pumpkin carving contest.
- Skeleton Festival – Harrisonburg’s pre-Halloween party! Activities kick off with trick-or-treating at downtown businesses and culminate with a sip and stroll block party 2-5 p.m.
- Fall Festival, White Oak Lavendar Farm & The Purple Wolf Vineyard – Gather with friends and family to enjoy a day full of live music, grape stomping, and local food, vendors, and crafters.
- 15th Annual Harvest Festival – Celebrate fall at Edith J. Carrier Arboretum with a day full of games, activities, craft, and story time.